Monday, May 10, 2010

Applesauce Making!








Evan got a book from the library called Max and Mo Go Apple Picking. There was a recipe for making applesauce in the back that he insisted on trying. So we did! It was so easy and delicious! I want to try the Strawberry Applesauce next time now that they are coming into season. For anyone that wants the recipe, it goes like this:

Mott's Homemade Applesauce

6-8 large granny smith apples
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

I used my apple peeler/corer/slicer to cut up the apples and then we diced them with a knife. We put them in a pot with the water and cooked them until they were soft for 20-25 minutes on medium heat. Then we added the brown sugar and cinnamon and blended it up with a stick blender. I chilled it in the refrigerator and it was yummy! Ben and I even made Caramel Applesauce milkshakes with vanilla ice cream that night and it was so good!

No comments: