Tuesday, December 1, 2009

1st Annual Thanksgiving Pie for Breakfast


Ever since we lived in SC and had friends that did a pie for breakfast, we have been wanting to start the tradition ourselves. So this was the year since we finally had a place that was big enough to host. We had the following pies for the occasion:
We made 4 pumpkin
2 chocolate pecan
1 pecan
1 strawberry rhubarb
1 apple caramel crumb
and 1 apple cranberry
There were also 2 breakfast pies from the Bayless family
1 peach pie from the Franklins
1 pumpkin from the Condrons
1 apple crumb from the Pagottos
1 pumpkin from the Stuckerts
1 French Silk from the Scotts
and 1 lemon from the Davenports
A good time was had by all and I think that most people are done with pie for a while. But not us! We will have more at Christmas. Pie is a BIG tradition with the Orchard family:)

These are the 10 pies we made!


Pie table one


Pie table two


The kitchen is always the favorite place to congregate!
We had cider and cocoa in there:)


Good crowd, good times!

1 comment:

Pam Mueller said...

Sorry we missed it. I love pie too. I would have gained a pound or two for sure if I had been there!