
My sweet Jacob turned 4 today! For those of you that might not know the story of how Jacob came into this world, here's my stroll down memory lane. For the last few weeks leading up to the due date, Jacob had been in the right position but at the last minute, he flipped upside down and was breach. They don't deliver breach babies and insist on doing C-sections so I was immediately nervous. After a blessing from my husband, I knew that things would somehow work out and that I would at least have a healthy baby boy no matter what. The doctor suggested a procedure called an external version. They gave me an epidural and two doctors placed their hands on my stomach, one at the top, one at the bottom and pushed Jacob around into the right position. They were giving me a 50 percent chance of it working and would only try twice before carting me off for a C-section but it worked! The nurses were amazed and about 4 hours later Jacob entered the world!

Jacob LOVES cupcakes (he asks me to make them at least twice a week and I have caught him putting random things into the microwave only to have him tell me that he was only making cupcakes:)


The lighting of the birthday candles!

Jacob digs in!

Matthew saw me taking the beaters off after I made the frosting and immediately reached for them. He knows what the good stuff is!

These are the race car slippers that I made for Jacob. I plan on making a pair of these for each of their upcoming birthdays. Matthew actually inspired me to do these when he stole the bottom of another pair of slippers that I was making and started racing them around on the floor like a car. I had a Eureka! moment and I thought they turned out really well.

Side view

Jacob models them.

Jacob playing his Letter Factory game with Benjamin

He also loved his Monster Bowling set!

Happy Birthday big boy!
Blowing out the candles!
1 comment:
Wow! We met you guys when you were pregnant with Jacob--and now he is four! I can't believe how time has flown! Happy birthday Jacob!
Post a Comment