Friday, June 19, 2009

Cute Little Ducks!


I know my friend Shannon will totally appreciate this post. Yesterday afternoon, I saw the bus go by to go down to the end of the cul-de-sac and turn around. And here was this cute little duck family waddling along at the edge of our front yard and the road. I had to run and get the camera. They waddled through our yard, crossed our driveway and without batting an eye, the mom marched right through our neighbors fence and waddled on through their backyard. I had no idea there was a hole in that fence! I had to round up my kids at that point so I didn't get to see where in the world they were heading. I wanted to scoop them up and take them Shannon but I wasn't equipped and didn't want to risk me and my kids getting attacked by an angry mother duck. My kids loved the little yellow one which you can see best in the picture below. All the others were the color of the mother. So cute and fluffy! A great smile for the rainy day!


1 comment:

shannon said...

How cute, Jenny! Thanks for posting this...Did I ever tell you about the time that I rescued a mother duck and her ducklings from the Home Depot parking lot?--(she was nesting in one of their azaelas and when her babies hatched, she tried getting them to cross over the street to the Wendy's. She almost got hit and traffic was backed up. Enter...ME! and my duck rescuing instincts... :) I brought her back to my pond and they hung out for about a day or so. I'm not sure what ended up happening to them...but it sure was a neat experience.