Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Matthew's Little Accident

So much to my dismay AND of course, with Ben out of town one of the few times he has to go out of town for work, Matthew managed to pull over our old TV set onto himself in the upstairs playroom. I heard the thump on the floor and I run in and there is blood pouring out of his eye. I scooped him up, ran for the phone, had Benjamin gently dab and got our friend and neighbor Gail Sears over here in 10 minutes or less. I rushed him the the Doylestown ER where we figured out that the eye was fine, but he got 3 stitches on the top edge and 3 more on the bottom edge of his eye on the far side of his left eye. It was very swollen but he was opening it up some the next day and played pretty normally. Peter Miter and Scott Sheffield had come to give a blessing at the hospital right before the procedure which eased my mind, and a few people stopped in to check on him. I was so incredibly grateful to be blessed with so much help in a sincere time of need! Matthew has recovered so nicely and quickly. Today, the stitches came out! I wasn't sure if I should put this on here but it was such a huge change in a few days.




The Day After


Day 3

Day 4


Day 5

Day 6 (If you look closely, you can see the blue thread of the stitches)

No stitches! Yay!


4 comments:

amanda said...

Poor thing! I'm so glad he's OK. Now he and Benjamin can swap ER stories (when they start talking that is). Benjamin may have had more stitches, but Matthew definately had the more frightening accident. How do little boys manage to make it to adulthood?!

Familia Durham said...

Wow, I can believe how fast he healed. I would have freaked out. I am glad he is fine (and you too). WHAT A SCARE!

Familia Durham said...

that was supposed to read "I CAN'T BELIEVE"...

Unknown said...

Wow. Poor little gy and poor mom! I don't know how you do it with 4 boys. The 1 I have challenges me!